Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world,
which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime,
and falling in at night. I miss you like hell.
- Edna St. Vincent Millay


Whether u're the one leaving or the one being left, its undeniably sad when the ove of love becomes the ove of over.

But just as the relationshop didnt last forever, the misery won't either. and while pain stinks, it isn't permanent. so plod along, and if u feel like crying, cry.

BUT THEN!! change the channel ! go for a swim, meet frens for pizza, cook something. build something. play music. VOLUNTEER. keep a journam. pet ur cat/hamster/dog. plan a getaway weekend. rent a movie. read a book.

When love makes an exit, let a flurry of activities sweep in to take its space. Staying busy and involved, even when ur smashed-up heart isnt in it, is the surest way to start feeling good again. that and having someone to talk to - like a best fren, (in fact, many best frens!).

"Patience, my heart: Night's length will pass." -Faiz Ahmed Faiz

Can you take 3 giant steps back? Can you see all the good things that are still in your life? Can you use your hurt to become more passionate?

"Do you believe in life after love?" someone asked. I do. And as k.d. lang pointed out, "Theres nothing like a good heartbreak to get a good song."

Yes, i've been hurt. i've suffered. but that's not what makes me me.
What makes me me is getting through all that stuff, pushing it aside, moving forward.



YES JOEI TAN XIN YI! U CAN! =D

No comments: